Wednesday 20 July 2011

Quick Update for summer

Engine

Sir Stan Stevens has the top end. He was away in France on his hols all of June and has had a bit of a health issue which has slowed his return to work. Get Well Soon Stan!
Anyway I spoke with him to discuss if I should go for a 570cc oversize (plus tune) as the cost of replacing pistons etc would make it no more expensive to do. Stan put me off, or should I say put me right, by pointing out that a good set of barrels is worth keeping. Oversizing is fine when the barrels have gone to their last re-bore size but other than that it is worth keeping them standard and prolonging their life. He did say that more power comes with 570, as you would expect, but it's not a huge amount more and is it really worth it???? I agreed with him, bid him a speedy recovery and hung up.

Mark at Performance Fabs has the carbs and they are getting bored out to the max. I also bought a shift shaft support.
I called in at his place and was a little surprised to see it was at the back of his house. from the outside it looks nothing but inside it is pretty smart with 500cc goodies and projects everywhere. NICE!

Frame
Success! I had some problems with it but these are now fixed. details in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment